It's about 8pm on Friday. Aaron left for a pool tournament. Carter has had his bath and just fell asleep, Courtney is in her room playing, and I finally have a moment to myself... kinda. I wish that we had a bathtub. I would wait until everyone was asleep and light some candles, put on some classical music, and grab a glass of red wine and soak until my fingers and toes looked like dehydrated peaches. I have to say that I am so glad that mom is taking the kids tomorrow and I am working 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday. It's pretty sad when the only vacation you get is when you go to work.
I miss me. I miss my humor, my wit, my outgoingness, my ability to be happy without having to make a conscious effort. I was reading over my old blog from a few years back (maybe 4 or 5 years ago) and it felt like I was reading someone else's words. I had forgotten what I used to be like. How much fun I used to be. How happy-go-lucky and carefree I used to be. How funny I was. Maybe it's all a part of growing up, being a parent, being in a relationship for 10 years... I don't know.
You're still pretty damn funny!
ReplyDelete