Friday, February 25, 2011
The End
I've been considering writing on this topic for weeks. I haven't, partly because my internet connection has been shoddy, but mostly because I don't know how to say what I've been feeling. I'm typing now, still not knowing what I am going to say, but I want to get it out. Death. That is the topic. I think about death everyday. I don't know why. It's not something I am afraid of, I just can't help but think about it. About how our time on this earth is limited. I should say it's not something I worry about for myself. I am saved and by the grace of my Savior Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross, I KNOW that I have a better place waiting for me. I KNOW that God loves me and that He gave the ultimate sacrifice for my soul. Everyday I ask God for forgivness of my sins. Everyday I pray that He heal my body, and protect me and my family. I worry about losing my children, my husband, my parents and siblings, my dearest friends. I worry about losing my family, friends, and even acquaintances. I do think about my own death everyday. I don't think this is normal. I wonder if anyone else thinks about it as much as me? I mostly think about it when I am alone. That is one reason why I enjoy company and fellowship with my family and friends. It helps to take my mind off the morbid and makes my spirit happy. When I am around others, death doesn't cross my mind nearly as often. Now I'm searching for words. I don't know what else to really write on the subject, other than it is on my mind... a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I worry about death a lot. I am always thinking about the worst possible scenario. I hate when Josh leaves in the morning or when he has to drive his work truck because I'm always afraid he will never come home. I cry if I don't get to kiss him and tell him goodbye because every time feels like it will be the last time. I worry about Mom's health because of her weight (and about mine) and worry that tragedy is always just around the corner for someone close to me. I hate those thoughts and feelings. And getting old scares the hell out of me but thinking that I won't have the chance to get old is even more scary.
ReplyDelete