Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spare The Rod

So, today started out as a normal day, actually better than normal considering the fact that Carter slept almost 8 hours straight last night and was a very good baby most of the day.  Today is SuperBowl Sunday.  Aaron got off work early and we went to Joey and Ashley's to watch the game.  Courtney and Alex were playing and we were all hanging out watching the game.  A few times I had to tell Courtney to get away from Alex because Alex wouldn't stop hitting her.  Of course, Joey and Ashley would just say "No." whenever Alex would do something wrong, and barely with a raised voice.  Then when Alex kept hitting Courtney Joey told Alex she was in time-out and put her on the couch.  Alex started whining about getting down and Joey said no, but he let her go sit in Ashley's lap and be held.  Then Aaron and Joey decide that they are leaving to go get some marijuana, which apparently Aaron paid for with the understanding that Joey will pay him back.  It wasn't until they returned from picking it up that I found out that Aaron paid for it. Courtney was sitting on the couch and Alex got up on the couch and sat between Ashley and Courtney.  And again, Alex proceeded to keep hitting Courtney.  Then she kicked Courtney in the mouth and busted her lip.  Courtney starts freaking out because she is bleeding all over the place, and what happens to Alex?  She is told no, don't hit people.  Then Joey and Ashley casually say "She needs to be punished." "Yeah, she does."  Joey took her to the bedroom and gave her a spanking.


Now, I am pissed.  I have banned Courtney from being at their house while Alex is there because she is uncontrollable.  Every time she does something she's not supposed to, she is just told "no" over and over again and sometimes put in "time-out" in which she is still coddled by her parents.  Does that seem like punishment to a 2 and a half year old? No.
Every once in a while she will receive a spanking that obviously means nothing to her.


I am sick of parents who don't know how to punish their children and then wonder why they grow up to be unruly, disobedient, and violent.


Now, on top of all of this, I am pissed at Aaron.  He followed us home and checked on Courtney and I asked him if he had paid for Joey and Ashley's weed and he said "Yes."  We can't even pay our bills and he is spending OUR money on someone else's addiction?!?!  And he NEVER even consulted me, just assumed that it was a good idea, I guess.  Then he tells me that he is going back over to Joey and Ashley's and he wonders why I am pissed at him.  Really?! Do I not have a reason to be pissed?  You buy weed for someone without my knowledge and then go back over to their house while the blood is still fresh on OUR daughter's lip?!?!


Whatever.


Jerk.


They REALLY need to learn how to discipline their child and let her know that there are consequences for her actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment