Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oh No, Not Again!

Well, while getting ready to go to Kroger this morning it happened again...  My heart was racing for about 10 seconds and I felt like I could barely breathe.  Now, I'm really getting concerned.  I don't have insurance, so I can't see a doctor, unless of course I go to the E.R., and I really don't want to do that unless it is an actual emergency.  I feel fine now.  I felt fine as soon as it was over.  Thank God Aaron was here, though.  He comforted me and hugged me until I felt better.  I think he really helped me not have a panic attack.  When it happened I was in the bathroom singing and I reached to hit a really low note and ran out of breath, then I felt my heart start racing.  Maybe lack of oxygen? I don't know.  But two days ago I walked to the front office and back and up that steep hill and I was fine.  It doesn't seem to happen when I am exercising or doing anything strenuous... I don't get it. But I have decided that if I want to be around to care for my children that I need to make some drastic changes in my lifestyle.  I am quitting smoking and I am eating healthier. I am no longer drinking sodas or sweet tea, just water and juice.  For dinner tonight I am going to eat (as much as it pains me to say) fish and veggies and salad.  I am going to do as much as I can in my power to change my habits and be healthier.  My next blog will probably be my wishes if anything does happen to me.  I've been thinking about it for a while now, and while I know that it isn't anything that will hold up in court, I also know that my family respects me enough to carry out my requests if something were to happen to me.  I wrote a "Last Will and Testament" about 5 years ago, I may even still have it sealed in an envelope somewhere, but I need to update it anyway, so what better way that on the internet? HAHA!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe that was the begining of a panic attack?????

    I am a little concerned for you but possibly because I've been watching back to back episodes of House for the past two weeks. Don't worry, so far I haven't run into your symptoms yet, it just kinda freaks me out that there are so many diseases and problems out there that can be so hard to diagnose and on tv they are usually diagnosed at the last possible minute.

    Don't be afraid to go to the ER if you need to and if you do go make sure you apply for low income assistance. You should qualify for it and it's better to take the time and effort to do that than to have bill collectors bugging you and worrying they will take you to court.

    Other than that, I just want to tell you not to let anything happen to you. You're my best and most favorite sister. I've known you my whole life. You're irreplaceable and it hurts me to think of this world without you in it.

    So stop being so morbid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I'm not trying to be morbid... But your comment reminds me of the reason why I'd like to write my final wishes. I want everyone to know how I feel about them and I don't want people to be sad when I do eventually pass on, which will surely be when I am about 90 years old. ;)

    ReplyDelete