Monday, March 7, 2011

My Final Requests For When Laid To Rest:

My major concern, of course, is the well-being of my children.  I want for them to be cared for with love, patience, kindness, and MOST importantly the love and knowledge of God and our Savior Jesus Christ.  I DO NOT want them to be moved away from my family in Georgia (especially my mom, step-dad, sister.)  I want them to have the influence of my family's good nature, spiritual heart, and unconditional love.  I DO NOT want them to be moved out of state, especially Mississippi, where they would be under the influence of the controlling, manipulative, and conniving demeanors of their father's family.  I want them to know me and I know that my family would keep my memory alive for them and continually express the depths of my love and adoration for them.  I want them to be told often how much I love them, care for them, and how very proud I am of my children.  They are my heart and soul and if I had nothing else in the world besides them I would be much more than content.  I want them to be raised to know the difference between right and wrong and that actions have consequences, also that they control the direction of their lives with the choices they make.  I know that here in Georgia they may not be raised with a fortune and every opportunity handed to them, but they will be humble and be appreciative of what they earn for themselves and they will understand that happiness, love, and success is not bought with money but that it is obtained with hard work, sacrifice, and the willingness to pursue their dreams and goals.

As for my worldly possessions, material objects, etc.:  they are just things and mean nothing to me.  I don't really care who gets what. I DO request that people do not fight or argue over things that may belong to me.  I would like for Courtney to inherit my engagement ring when she turns 16 years old or maybe even sooner if she proves herself mature enough to take care of it and appreciate it. My makeup and things that I have acquired from my employment at Sephora can go to my mother and be divided amongst her and my sister Rebecca.  I would like for them to go through the items together and agree on who gets what.  There is plenty there to go around.  Anything else that isn't of any importance (i.e. clothing, shoes, accessories) may be given to Goodwill or the church or whoever wants them.  If for some reason someone in my family wants a particular item, just give it to them.

I really can't think of anything else that may be of importance to me.
Like I said, my main concern is my children.  All other things are meaningless, as life can be lived without them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want for everyone to know that I will be in that "better place" praising God for eternity and in such a state of complete happiness that there will have to be a new word invented to describe it.  I pray that one day I will see my family there, worshiping beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon I will write letters to the people who mean the most to me, so that they will know how much they mean to me and they can always remind themselves of how much I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment