I haven't written in about 6 or 7 months..... Since then, I've started going to Bible Study and trying (very hard) to live for God instead of myself. It's actually very rewarding. I still have my issues but I'm learning to deal with them and realize that "this" (life) is not all about me or anyone on this earth. It's about a relationship with God, a devotion to Jesus. And the first time I actually felt the presence of the Holy Spirit, it was all solidified. I'm on the right path. I don't drink anymore, not even occasionally, not even a little bit. I've almost got my foul mouth under control (every once in awhile something will slip out and I immediately feel guilty and repent). I'm trying to think and walk and talk like Jesus. I am NO WHERE near perfect, but even the smallest changes have made a HUGE difference in my life. I'm no longer making meaningless music. I write my music for Him and the hurting or depressed or lost.....
I'm not bragging. I hope, sincerely hope that it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. I'm just a little excited about the transformation that God has made of my life and my heart. I wasn't able to do ANY of these things by my power, but by God's grace. Yes, I'm still fat. Yes, I still smoke. Yes, I still get angry and frustrated and need a break. But, it's all a little trivial now. It doesn't bother me as much and I know that these are all things that can be conquered if I entrust myself and my needs to the Lord. And I do.
ANYWHOOOOOO...... I'm hungry. See ya in another 6 or 7 months?
No comments:
Post a Comment